Dear Alumni and Practitioners,
CEU’s offered through the Midwest College are approved by the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation for acupuncturists to meet the 30 hour requirement for license renewal. These CEU’s also meet the NCCAOM 60 point requirement for re-certification, including the requirement of HIPPA, practice management, and safety.
The Office of Continuing Education facilitates the development, presentation, and evaluation of seminars that award CEU credits and professional development points to meet the changing social, professional and regulatory CEU needs of acupuncturists and the community served.
The Midwest College of Oriental Medicine recognizes its responsibility to promote lifelong learning through the provision of well-designed educational experiences. In order to be effective, continuing education should meet the following criteria:
- It conforms to accepted definitions.
- It is based on an educational need.
- It is intended to meet the continuing education needs of a specific group of practitioners
- The educational objectives and learning outcome for the activity are clearly stated.
- The content is appropriate to the field.
- There is documentation of participation by the sponsoring institution.
The aims of these educational experiences are to:
- Enhance and expand scientific and medical knowledge
- Promote best practices in health care
- Develop skills associated with improved health care and health care services
- Improve the collaboration with physicians and allied health care professionals
The Midwest College of Oriental Medicine reserves the right to cancel or change a seminar.