3 Unique Pressure Points That Reduce Cancer Symptoms
Author: Michelle Whitmer
Acupoint for Reducing Nausea and Vomiting
- Position your hand so that your palm is facing you. Relax your fingers.
- Place the first three fingers of your opposite hand across your wrist, aligning your ring finger with the wrist crease (Figure 1). Next, place your thumb below and slightly under your index finger (Figure 2). The thumb should be centered on the wrist and you will feel two prominent tendons underneath. That is acupoint P6.
- Apply firm pressure to the acupoint for at least three minutes.
- Repeat on the opposite wrist.
Acupoint for Reducing Pain
- Position your hand with your palm facing down. Gently spread your fingers.
- Use your opposite thumb and middle finger to find the slight indentation between the base of your thumb and index finger (see figure). That is pressure point LI4.
- Apply firm pressure to the acupoint for five minutes.
- Repeat on the opposite hand.
Acupoint for Reducing Anxiety
- Place your thumb or middle finger between your eyebrows at the root of your nose (see figure). That is acupoint Extra 1.
- Apply gentle pressure to the acupoint for 10 minutes. Less time is fine if you don’t have 10 minutes to spare.
- For added relaxation, focus on your breathing and consider visualizing yourself in a peaceful place, such as in a garden, by a stream or on a cloud.